PALISEP is a non-profit social service and developmental organization working to improve livelihoods of their pastoral community,through the sustainable use of natural resources, capacity building, and women’s economic and social development. Its primary focus is the building of capacities of the Maasai community to be able to manage and direct their own community development.
The objectives of the organization are:
- to facilitate community based planning that enhance equality, gender sensitive and designing of projects that are viable and strive to accomplish sustainable livelihoods;
- to facilitate quality of education and access to all school going children in the ward;
- to build the capacity of Maasai community groups and other organizations in areas including organizational development, advocacy, partnership and HIV/AIDS programming;
- to work with other organizations and networks to contribute to the creation of favorable policies and legal arrangements that guarantees sustainable pastoral livelihoods and create space for effective participation of people; and,
- to work with community, government and other potential organizations to build capacity of communities on how to design, implement and benefit from conservation projects in order to reduce poverty.
Robert Kamakia, Executive Director
P.O. Box 94
Tel: +255 786 025 635 / +255 757 319 670